Caliban cove, p.1
Larger Font   Reset Font Size   Smaller Font       Night Mode Off   Night Mode

       Caliban Cove, p.1

         Part #2 of Resident Evil series by S. D. Perry
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Caliban Cove


  Raccoon Times, July 24, 1998


  -At approximately 2 A. M. Thursday morn- ing, Victory Lake district residents were awakened by an explosive blast that thundered through northwest Raccoon Forest, apparently caused by a fire that swept through the abandoned Spencer mansion and ignited chemicals stored in the basement. Due to delays from the police barricade set up at the forest perimeter (in connection with the recent string of murders in Raccoon City), local firefighters were unable to salvage any part of the estate's grounds. After a three- hour battle against the raging fire, the thirty one year old mansion and adjacent servant's quarters were deemed a complete loss. Built by Lord Oswell Spencer, European aristocrat and one of the founders of the worldwide pharmaceutical com- pany, Umbrella, Inc. , the estate was designed by award- winning architect George Trevor as a guest house for Umbrella VIPs and was closed down shortly after completion for reasons unknown. According to Amanda Whitney, spokesperson for the Umbrella Corporation, parts of the estate were still being used to store a number of industrial cleaning agents and solvents used by Umbrella. Whitney said in a statement yesterday that the company would take full responsibility for the unfortunate incident, calling it

  "A serious oversight on our part. Those chemicals should have been cleared out of the Spencer house a long time ago, and we're just thankful that no one was hurt. "

  At this point, the cause of the fire is undetermined, but Whitney went on to say that Umbrella will be bringing in their own investigators to sift through the ruins in hopes of determining the fire's point of origin. . .

  Raccoon Weekly, July 29, 1998


  -In a surprising announcement by city officials at a press conference yesterday, the Raccoon City branch of the Special Tactics and Rescue Squad (S. T. A. R. S. ) was officially removed from the investigation into the nine brutal murders and five disappearances of city residents that have occurred in the last ten weeks. City council member Edward Weist delivered the statement, citing gross incompe- tence as the primary reason for the S. T. A. R. S. removal. Readers may remember that the S. T. A. R. S. 's first action upon being assigned the cases last week was to search the northwest area of the forest for the alleged cannibal killers. Weist stated that it was because of their "blatantly unprofes- sional conduct" that their mission ended in disaster, re- suiting in the crash of a helicopter and the loss of six of their eleven team members, including the S. T. A. R. S. branch commander, Captain Albert Wesker.

  "After [the S. T. A. R. S. 's] mishandling of the Raccoon Forest search," said Weist, "we've decided to let the RPD see this investigation through to its conclusion. We have reason to believe that the S. T. A. R. S. may have been ingesting drugs and/or alcohol prior to their search, and have suspended the use of their services indefinitely. "

  Weist was joined by Sarah Jacobsen (representing Mayor Harris) and Police Commissioner J. C. Washington to make the announcement and answer questions. Neither Police Chief Brian Irons nor any of the surviving S. T. A. R. S. could be reached for comment. . .

  Cityside, August 3, 1998


  -After an exhaustive investigation by fire officials working with Umbrella, Inc. 's ISD (Industrial Services Division), the fire that ravaged the company-owned Spencer estate in Raccoon Forest late last month was determined to have been caused by carelessness on the part of person or persons unknown, as was announced in a press conference yesterday. Said ISD Team Leader David Bischoff,

  "It looks like somebody tried to start a campfire in one of the mansion's rooms and things just got out of control. We've found nothing to suggest arson or foul play of any kind. " He went on to say that while the destruction of the property was total, there's no evidence that anyone was caught in the fire or subsequent explosion. Chief Brian Irons of the Raccoon City Police Department was in attendance at the conference, and when asked whether he believed the fire to be connected to the unsolved murders and disappearances plaguing the city, Irons stated that there was no way to be sure. Said Irons, "At this point, anything I could say would only be speculation-though I will say that the fact that the murders have stopped since the night of the fire seems to imply that perhaps the killers were hiding there. We can only hope that they've now left the area and will soon be apprehended. "

  Chief Irons refused to comment on the allegations of gross misconduct by the S. T. A. R. S. in their brief assignment to the murder investigation, saying only that he agreed with the city council's decision and disciplinary actions are being considered. . .

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Turn Navi Off
Turn Navi On
Scroll Up
Add comment

Add comment